COVID-19 Ways to Help
Letters and Meals to First Responders at Inova Hospital
- Social Burger and The Sandwich Shop are partnering to provide 900 meals over the next three weeks to the emergency, respiratory, laboratory, surgical and other service departments at the hospital.
- Please have your child draw a card, picture or note of encouragement to these brave heroes and email it to wolftrapgivesback@wolftrappta.
orgby Tuesday, April 7 by 6pm.
- Each design should fit on an 8.5” x 11” piece of paper. Cards will be printed out and given directly to the restaurants to eliminate contact.
- Wolftrap's April 28 Dining for Dollars at Social Burger. Meals will be donated to first responders in lieu of the 20% back to the school.
Silent Auction: Grocery cards for our sister school
- A limited Silent Auction is on and open April 11-19. Funds raised will be used to purchase grocery cards for our sister school to meet their needs, the same school we help in our fall Thanksgiving drive. Stay tuned for catalog and details here.
- Buy and support locally: List of Vienna restaurants with curbside, takeout and delivery options.
- Shop the local farmer's market: Sunday at Holy Comforter, 8:30am-1pm. Formerly at Marshall HS.
- Call in a lunch order to the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department, send an email to setup: email@example.com
- Ways to volunteer in Fairfax County.
- Deliver Meals on Wheels.
Direct donate to:
- Madison High School through the Madison Food Pantry.
- Marshall High School through the Marshall Market via Paypal or dropoff/mail Giant or Safeway cards to: Rachel Stott, 1819 Abbey Oak Dr., Vienna, VA 22182.
- The Student Food Fund through the Foundation for FCPS
- Committee for Helping Others
- fundraiser to support local businesses Bazin's, Vienna Inn, Machine and others, setup by Mateo Lambert
- Vienna Student Food Initiative with matching funds by local builder, Jordan Rice, JDA Custom Homes
Wolftrap Gives Back
Cafeteria Recycling and Food Share
In collaboration with Wolftrap's Green Team, this continuing program helps us responsibly dispose of unopened food that would otherwise go in the trash. We follow the FCPS Recycling Program. Student Green Team members help facilitate separating these items during lunch. Unopened food goes to local families in need - fostering not only waste reduction, but compassion.
How to help:
1. Volunteer to assist students with facilitating the sorting system during lunch
2. Sign up here to deliver unopened food to Food for Others on scheduled days between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Fall Food Drive
Fall Food Drive. Wolftrap students donate through a school-wide food drive to give to a local Vienna sister school for their students and families. Additionally, several winter class parties include donation projects of winter clothes and books. Ms. Johnson and the PTA help collaborate with the school’s philanthropic activities.