Welcome to Wolftrap PTA!
- The Committee for Helping Others (CHO) will be holding its Bike Drive on November 10 and 24. Make Christmas al little better this year for a less fortunate child in our community. If you have a gently-used bike in good riding condition that you no longer need, let CHO direct it to someone who will really appreciate it. See flyer for details.
- The Wolftrap Book Fair will be held November 14-16! Check out the hours of operation on the Book Fair webpage.
The Book Fair is looking for volunteers! Volunteers are needed to set up and take down the fair, help students find books, and complete purchases during school hours. Please visit our sign-up and register today!
- Thanksgiving Food Drive Collection due November 16. Please support Wolftrap's collection of Thanksgiving goods for some needy families in our area. We will be filling grocery bags with one of each item and our goal is to fill 120 bags! Donations can be brought into school through November 16th and placed in a box at each classroom. We will also accept leftover Halloween candy to make up goodie bags to add to each bag of donations. Each grade level has an item to collect:
Kindergartners – Packets of gravy mix and cans of chicken broth or vegetable broth
First Graders – Boxed Bisquick
Second Graders – Boxed mac and cheese
Third Graders – Instant mashed potatoes
Fourth Graders – Dried cranberries
Fifth Graders – Canned green beans
Sixth Graders – Large plastic containers of applesauce
- Congratulations to Csepke Sallai (6th Grade, Mr. Batsel) for winning the Wolftrap 50th Anniversary Logo Contest! Check out all the entries submitted for the logo contest here.
- Ms. Barker thanks the Wolftrap PTA for the new piano! See how she is already putting it to good use at https://youtu.be/QFHwy1phU6Y.
- The PTA can't run without your support! Please view updated flyer to see where we could really use extra hands for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Beulah Road Crosswalk Update - Good news! Our crosswalk was awarded a Transportation Alternatives Project (TAP) Grant through VDOT of $200,000. The Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) will be designing the improvements in early 2019 and will set a schedule for completion. Initial expectations are that work will be underway by 2021. The many completed parent surveys in October 2017, and letters of support from our crossing guard, Mrs. Edie Adcock, and Mrs. Khuluki all contributed to this win for our community. Thank you! We look forward to seeing what FCDOT will design to improve safety at our crosswalk.
- Scouting at Wolftrap ES: For information about Girl Scouts please check out our site or contact Laura Martin, GSCNC Membership Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 534-3792. For Cub Scouts, please email the Cub Master of Pack 1116. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
- Parents of Special Education Students - there is a site dedicated to news and events just for you! Find out more at https://fairfaxcountysepta.org/.
To contact the PTA Board, please email email@example.com.
Submissions to the website should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All attached files (such as a referenced flyer) must be in .pdf format.