Welcome to Wolftrap PTA!
The 2018-2019 Reflections Art Contest theme is Heroes Around Me. The deadline for submissions has been extended to Tuesday, October 23rd! Visit the Reflections webpage for more information.
Beginning on October 16th, FCPS will be asking all families to fill out a Student-Parent Survey for Federal Impact Aid. Returning this form is important because information from this survey results in an anticipated $3 million dollars in grant funds each year from the U.S. Department of Education. These funds are used to support all Fairfax County public schools and centers. For each school-aged child in your household, please complete, sign, date, and return the survey to your child's school. If sections 1 and 2 of the survey do not apply to you, just check the box in Section 3. All forms must be signed, dated, and returned by October 26. All results are CONFIDENTIAL. Questions? Contact the school office: 703.319.7300. Learn more by watching this short video featuring Superintendent Scott Brabrand and the U.S. Army Garrison Commander COL Michael Greenberg from Fort Belvoir. Video link - https://youtu.be/QN_Xup7BgoE
- Make plans to dine out with your family at Silver Diner (Tyson’s) this month! The Wolftrap ES PTA is having a restaurant night fundraiser Tuesday, Oct. 23, from 5-8 p.m. Wolftrap will get 20% on food when you DINE IN that night. You get a nice meal with your family and the PTA gets extra funds for the school. It’s a win-win!
- On October 31, the Cultural Arts Committee welcomes Flow Circus' Paul Miller to Wolftrap Elementary. Flow Circus will perform the interactive show, Science of Awesome, at our first Cultural Arts Assemblies of the year. Flow Circus leverages juggling and other skill toys to create positive impact, boost energy, and strengthen connections while shifting mindsets to redefine failure and how we approach stress. By sharing the experience of struggling, failing, and succeeding, Flow Circus endeavors to connect children in an authentic, unplugged way, working to create new self-awareness and a growth mindset. In Science of Awesome, Paul leaves students (and teachers!) with the desire to discover the forces of the invisible, physical world around them.
- The Wolftrap Book Fair will be held November 14-16! Check out the hours of operation on the Book Fair webpage. The Book Fair is looking for volunteers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Congratulations to Csepke Sallai (6th Grade, Mr. Batsel) for winning the Wolftrap 50th Anniversary Logo Contest! Check out all the entries submitted for the logo contest here.
- Ms. Barker thanks the Wolftrap PTA for the new piano! See how she is already putting it to good use at https://youtu.be/QFHwy1phU6Y.
- The PTA can't run without your support! Please view updated flyer to see where we could really use extra hands for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Beulah Road Crosswalk Update - Good news! Our crosswalk was awarded a Transportation Alternatives Project (TAP) Grant through VDOT of $200,000. The Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) will be designing the improvements in early 2019 and will set a schedule for completion. Initial expectations are that work will be underway by 2021. The many completed parent surveys in October 2017, and letters of support from our crossing guard, Mrs. Edie Adcock, and Mrs. Khuluki all contributed to this win for our community. Thank you! We look forward to seeing what FCDOT will design to improve safety at our crosswalk.
- The George C. Marshall HS Dance Team is hosting a Fall Festival Craft and Vendor Bazaar at Marshall High School on Saturday, October 27th, 2018 from 9 AM until 2 PM and we would like to invite the community to attend. (Rain date November 3).
- Scouting at Wolftrap ES: For information about Girl Scouts please check out our site or contact Laura Martin, GSCNC Membership Specialist at email@example.com or call (202) 534-3792. For Cub Scouts, please email the Cub Master of Pack 1116. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
- Parents of Special Education Students - there is a site dedicated to news and events just for you! Find out more at https://fairfaxcountysepta.org/.
To contact the PTA Board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions to the website should be sent to: email@example.com.
All attached files (such as a referenced flyer) must be in .pdf format.