Edison Expo: Popsicle Stick Chain Reaction Challenge
Each year the PTA holds a STEAM fair where students can present STEAM projects.
This year, we are putting a twist on this activity, making a community event to encourage STEAM and community participation. The PTA Popsicle Stick Chain Reaction Challenge is new this year runs February 18 through February 25th!
Here’s a short video explaining the challenge:
Students K-6 will create the longest popsicle structure possible, then take a video when they release the chain reaction.
To participate, students will submit a short video as well as (1) the length in inches and (2) the number of popsicle sticks used.
- Purchase popsicle sticks. Flatter and larger the better. 6" Seem to work the best.
- Build your popsicle stick chain reaction.
- Measure before exploding the chain.
- Take a video of the exploding chain.
- Submit results via Google Form here the week of Feb 21 - Feb 25.
- All participants in the classroom with the highest cumulative average length will win free ICE CREAM. Participation helps your score, so encourage your friends to take part.
- Individual participants in each grade with the highest cumulative average wins a price!