Edison Expo, School Science Fair
2019 Date to be Announced
Time: 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Wolftrap Cafeteria
The Edison Expo, Wolftrap Elementary Science Fair, is a great opportunity for students K-6 to showcase their interests in Science, Technology, Engineering, Architecture and Math (STEAM). Children can opt to showcase an Experiment, an Informational Display, or an Invention. Projects can focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, Architecture, or Math gaining valuable experience in STEAM fields.
Steps to Creating a Project or Invention
- Identify the what your project is. Use the Getting Started Guide to help you brainstorm ideas. Projects can be completed as an individual or as a group. If you have a friend in mind, do the project together!
- Sign-up to present your project at the Expo using our handy survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DGVHBJS
- Hypothesize, Experiment, Analyze Results, Show Results! Use the Project Steps to conduct your experiment or invention. Guidance is provided on how to setup your informational display.
On the day of the Expo
- Print the following Project Label and place on the back of your informational display.
- Displays will be collected by our Expo crew and setup for students in the cafeteria.
- Bring the rest of your materials at 6:30pm and setup the rest of your project. Our volunteer scientists and engineers will be around to discuss your projects!
For more information – or if you’d like to join the Edison Expo planning committee - please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a look at last year's pictures: